Easy weaning for your baby that includes the all-important Vitamin D
Weaning your baby is an important part of your child’s development. As they move away from just milk to more solid foods, it’s important to gradually introduce a range of different foods to ensure they receive all the vitamins and minerals they need to flourish.
One of these vital nutrients is Vitamin D, which is converted by the body from natural sunlight and is essential for your baby’s bones and teeth. Most baby formulas do contain added vitamin D but as your baby drinks less milk and moves more towards solid food, it is important to ensure they are receiving adequate amounts of this crucial vitamin. Current NHS guidelines recommend that babies from birth to one year of age should take a daily vitamin D supplement containing 8.5-10 micrograms of Vitamin D.
Swiss pharmaceutical supplement brand,
To get you started here is a tasty recipe for a nourishing first puree for your little one.
Carrot, parsnip and apple smooth
You will need:
- 2 large carrots (about 200g) peeled and cut into chunky slices
- 2 large parsnips peeled (about 200g) and cut into chunky slices
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- A splash of baby milk or cooking water
- Oilesen™ Vitamin D3 400 Drops
- Put the carrots, parsnip and apple into a steamer over simmering water and cook for about 20 minutes until tender.
- Blitz in a food processor with a splash of baby milk or water from the saucepan to create a smooth texture.
- Put approximately two teaspoons of puree into a bowl for your baby and stir in one drop of Oilesen™ Vitamin D3 400 Drops.
- Divide the rest into portions, using an ice cube tray, stirring in one drop of Oilesen™ Vitamin D3 400 Drops into each portion. When cool, pop in the freezer.
Oilesen children’s range includes:
Vitamin D3 400 Drops
RRP: £6.00 for 10 ml
Ideal for babies and toddlers.
With a base of extra virgin olive oil which aids absorption, this product is intended to provide supplementary vitamin D3 for babies. The dropper enables Mums and Dads to easily add a daily dose directly into the baby’s mouth or mix into food or drink.
Vitamin D3 500 Spray
RRP: £7.00 for 30 ml (320 doses)
This product is intended to provide supplementary vitamin D3 for children, adolescents and adults. With a pleasant orange flavour, simply spray directly
Win a Bottle of Oilesen Vitamin D3 400 Drops
Smalltalk have 5 bottles of these
Winners will be drawn from a hat in .......